Add to clipboard
 |  Share  |  Email  |  Print      

Organization: Ottawa. City Manager's Office - Ottawa - City Clerk & Solicitor Department - Municipal Elections Office  
Phone Numbers: 613-580-2660
Toll-Free: 1-866-261-9799
Teletype: 613-580-2401
After Hours: 3-1-1 * 613-580-2400
Fax: 613-580-2661
c/o City of Ottawa, Elections Office
110 Laurier Ave W
Ottawa, ON
K1P 1J1
1221 Cyrville Rd, Unit B
Intersection: Cummings Ave and Cyrville Rd
Accessibility: Wheelchair Accessible    Wheelchair Accessible
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Executives: Rick O'Connor
Contacts: Tyler Cox - Manager, Elections
Milan Stevanovic - Program Manager, Elections
Service Description: Responsible for holding municipal and school board elections.

Fees: None
Application: The next regular municipal elections to elect a Mayor, City Councillors and school board Trustees will be held on Monday, October 22, 2018.

Voter Registration: To vote in the municipal election, you must be a qualified elector. If you are a qualified voter and your name is on the voters list, you will receive a voter notice. The voters list is compiled from information received from Ontario’s Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) and is made available for review at the City’s Elections Office and Client Service Centres beginning on the Tuesday after Labour Day. If in the period between elections or if a person has reason to re-assess their school board support refer to the MPAC information in regard to enumeration.

Candidate Registration: A person who is qualified to be a voter in the municipal elections is also eligible to be a candidate for office.
Eligibility - Population(s) Served: You must be a qualified elector to vote in the municipal elections. That means, on voting day you must be:
* a resident of the City of Ottawa, or an owner or tenant of land in the City, or the spouse of such an owner or tenant
* a Canadian citizen
* not prohibited from voting by law.

If you are not a resident of the City of Ottawa, to vote for a school board Trustee, you must be:
* an owner or tenant of residential property in the area of jurisdiction of the school board or spouse of such a person, who does not support any other board.
Languages: English ; French
Area(s) Served:
Ottawa (City of)  

This information was last completely updated on October 10, 2017

Suggest an Update

© 2018, Community Information Centre of Ottawa

Updated October 10, 2017
Suggest an Update