Queensway Carleton Hospital
Queensway Carleton Hospital - Diagnostic Imaging
Position: Medical Radiation Technologist (Nuclear Medicine)
- The primary function of this position is to perform nuclear medicine/cardiology examinations in a manner consistent at all times with the prescribed practices, procedures and policies of the Department and the Hospital.
- Under minimal supervision, the incumbent is responsible for careful use of all nuclear imaging equipment, including office equipment used to perform associated duties.
- Perform all routine and specialized examinations while mindfully employing radiation protection, giving special attention to special requests so as to produce radiographs of the highest quality.
- Practice within the Code of Ethics of the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario and the Canadian Association of Medical Radiological Technologists, the hospital and department policies and procedures, and take particular precautions to follow the isolation procedures and use protective devices provided when exposed to infectious patients.
- Demonstrate QCH values: accountability, innovation, respect
- Graduated from an accredited school of Medical Radiation Technology with a specialty in Nuclear Medicine (NM)
- Must be registered with the College of Medical Radiation Technologists of Ontario (CMRTO) as a MRT(NM)
- Current CPR certification
- CAMRT registration is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent technical and patient care skills
- General knowledge regarding the operation of computers, automated and semi-automated instrumentation / equipment
Salary: $30.03 to $40.28 / hour
Terms of Employment: Full-time
Deadline for Application: Tuesday, January 17, 2017
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in Queensway Carleton Hospital. We are committed to providing an environment which is respectful to all. If you have a disability which requires an accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
Profession Type: Medical/Lab Technicians and Technologists